Thursday, January 31, 2013

I Give Her the Love of a Mother


I condition her hair and explain again the three types of soap she has to use when she bathes and why each one.

I help her with her homework and watch her passions develop; giving help in order to strengthen her weaknesses.

I listen to her tell me about her day paying attention for any sad moments that may need comforting and celebrating her victories with smiles and high fives.

I remind her to pick up her shoes, read her bible, and practice piano. 
I try to explain the unexplainable evils of this world while reminding her why we must always remain a light to others

I reward her for her good deeds and accomplishments and discipline her when she knowingly disobeys

I tell to her how beautiful and magnificent she is while reminding her of the importance of humility

I rub her sore legs at night while her bones grows to quickly for the rest of her to keep up

I hold her in my lap when she wants to be close but I try to give her distance when she wants to hang out with her friends. Watching her mature socially from the sidelines.

I teach her to load the dishwasher and fold towels reluctantly encouraging the independence I know she needs, but grieving my role of nurturer that grows less significant each year.

I see my precious little baby in those big blue eyes but also see a beautiful young woman blooming inside. 

I worry about her constantly.  I pray for her without ceasing.   
I offer to her all God gave me the day her presence in my womb was known.  I give her all the love one human can hold for another. 

I give her the love of a mother.






 








1 comment:

  1. Oh this was so beautiful! I love watching your journey through the Mommahood via Facebook & Blogging! Thanks again for sharing & for letting me see just another moment of your life & thought process.

    ReplyDelete